Full or Part Time:
Saturday, December 31, 2011
Upanup Studios is looking for a web application programmer with expert proficiency on various platforms. This individual will work with our development team in our newly located offices in Cook Street Village and will be an integral part of an up-and-coming company. The successful candidate will be industry savvy and driven to continuously be at the forefront of online technologies. The ideal start date for this permanent full-time position is January 16, 2012.
What will this job be like?
- You will work with leading open-source CMS's, programming websites and online admin tools in the corresponding languages.
- You will develop and deploy apps.
- You will source control projects and help manage an SVN repository.
- You will assess project wireframes and site maps.
- You will be challenged to establish a leadership role in our development team.
- You may, from time to time, meet with clients to provide immediate consultation during project planning and discovery stages.
- You will be a key member of a dynamic and growing team.
What is required for the job?
- You must have a solid portfolio of online work.
- You must have at least three years experience, with a degree or diploma in computer science.
- You must be well-versed in MySQL database management, with working knowledge of MS SQL and other platforms.
- You must have experience with SVN and project deployment.
- You must be proficient with the latest Mac OS X.
- You must have an upbeat and personable attitude that will make you an asset to the development team.
- You must be highly detailed, meticulously organized and able to project prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- You must be enthusiastic to provide solid service and quality products.
- You must be willing to continuously learn.
What renumeration can you expect?
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Three weeks paid vacation per year.
- Health and dental benefits package to start after first three months employment.
Why join Upanup?
- You will shape your own future in this new position while also having an impact on a small company with exceptional growth potential.
- You will have a fun and enjoyable work environment, with strong internal communications and positive sense of team.
- You will be involved in projects that are challenging and interesting.
- Your initiative will be recognized and rewarded.
- You will work in an appealing office location in Cook Street Village.
- Upanup deals in advanced communications technology and you will benefit from having the right tools for the job.
- Upanup is led by an experienced entrepreneur who previously built and led a national full-service corporate communications firm. The team will also include an exceptionally talented sales and development group.
- Upanup has strong core values (integrity, quality, efficiency, transparency and friendliness).