Maurice Sporting Goods, established in 1923, is the largest distributor and importer of outdoor sporting goods to mass retail customers throughout North America. Our product categories include fishing, hunting, marine, camping, and fitness. Our customers include most of the mass retail and sporting goods chains throughout the United States and Canada, as well as a network of more than 1,000 independent retailers. Maurice has an extensive Asian import supply chain and very active product development and marketing departments. With six distribution centers, approximately 700 employees, and some of the most advanced merchandising, supply chain management, and retail sales analysis technology in the industry, our account management teams and field sales personnel deliver exceptional retail performance through comprehensive category management and distribution solutions.
Our Canadian Sales team is searching for a Field Territory Representative, ideally located in the Victoria/Duncan area, to service our retail customers in the Vancouver Island/Sunshine Coast region. Based out of your home, you will travel to our customers' retail locations on a daily basis. In this role, your primary objective will be to impact top line sales and profitability via direct selling, utilization of customer POS systems to enhance category performance, leveraging relationships in the field, as well as, providing replenishment, inventory management, and merchandising support.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Executing account direction, completing store sets and resets, managing inventories, building in-store features, and promotional planning.
- Communicating with Maurice Sales Management and Account Executives regarding account activity, directional changes, customer feedback, and business enhancement opportunities.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships at all levels of each account including Market Managers, District Managers, and Regional Vice Presidents.
- Establishing and maintaining business relationships with new and existing independent retailers to increase sales and diversify Maurice's market channels.
- Planning and adhering to itineraries, as well as, completing call reports and related documentation.
- High school or equivalent secondary education diploma (Associates Degree preferred).
- In depth knowledge of and passion for the fishing category, as well as extensive familiarity with the area's fisheries and seasons; knowledge of hunting and marine categories a plus.
- Three years recent retail sales/management and strong merchandising skills within the mass market segment.
- Proficient in MS Office, email, learning new software applications, and leveraging technology to drive the business.
- Strong customer focus, high energy, a professional demeanor, integrity, and high-degree of flexibility, and responsiveness.
- Excellent internal and external relationship-building skills, coupled with an ability to adapt and optimize communication style, as necessary to achieve desired results.
- A self-motivated and self-directed personality with a strong team orientation, who can succeed working independently in the field.
- Business savvy, creativity, and the ability to influence and negotiate in a professional manner.
- Willingness and ability to sustain a daily travel schedule to effectively manage the territory with periodic overnights as required.
- Strong attention to detail including accurate data entry and mathematical computation skills.
- Physical capabilities associated with setting stores and stocking shelves, and the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
In return for your contributions, we offer a generous total rewards package including competitive compensation, medical, dental and life insurance, RRSP, vacation/sick pay, as well as a wide range of voluntary benefits. In addition, Maurice encourages the continued development of all our associates and provides an entrepreneurial, team-focused business environment in which to grow your career.
If you are looking for a rewarding, professional opportunity with a rapidly expanding industry leader and meet the stated qualifications, please forward your resume as an MS Word attachment through our on-line system, along with a cover letter that details your salary requirements.
Only resumes received through our online application system will be considered. The system can be accessed via the Careers page of our website at www.maurice.net, or through the following URL: