Number of Vacancies: 1 (one)
Type: Part time
Duration: Summer position.
Employer: British Columbia Legislative Assembly
Pay: Grid level 6, $18.42/hr
Post: March 3, 2012
Closing: March 16, 2012 midnight
Position Title: Parliamentary Player
Branch: Public Education and Outreach Office
Supervisor's Title: Tour Guide 2
Under the general direction of the Parliamentary Players Coordinator, the Parliamentary Player:
- Performs in costume as a historical character to a wide variety of clients, including the general public; students groups; travel groups; and cultural associations.
JOB DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Performs in costume as a historical character to a wide variety of clients, including the general public; students groups; travel groups; and cultural associations, by:
- convincingly portraying Amor De Cosmos, a character from British Columbia's past.
- performing scripted materials during official tours of the Parliament Buildings;
- interacting with Tour Guides to incorporate performances into guided tours;
- interacting with visitors, in character, on the front driveway and inside the Parliament Buildings between tours; and
- performing vignettes with other characters between tours.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Must have been enrolled in full-time theatre/drama studies at an accredited postsecondary institution during the Fall 2011 and/or Spring 2012 semesters; and
- Must have performance experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of BC's political history and the history of the Parliament Buildings an asset.
- Ability to convincingly portray a historical character;
- Ability to project voice to large audiences;
- Ability to creatively ad lib while remaining in character.
Interested applicants should obtain an application form and job description prior to applying. Please submit a completed application form, cover letter, resume, and proof of registration at a post-secondary institution by March 16, 2012, to:
Human Resources Office
Legislative Assembly of British Columbia
614 Government Street, Victoria, BC V8V 1X4
Ph: 250-387-5532 Fax: 250-387-4588