As a Structural Pest Management Technician, you are joining a dynamic, professional pest control company that provides quality services to a diverse clientele in the Greater Victoria area. As an integral team member, you will be providing structural pest control to residential and commercial customers as well as all levels of government: Municipal, regional, provincial and federal. You will be trained and certified to apply integrated pest management methods.
The work will include inspection, appropriate treatment, and monitoring of buildings and external perimeter areas for insect and rodent infestations such as ants, wasps, mice, rats, and other pests.
Must meet legal requirements to work in Canada
Valid B.C. Driver’s Licence
B.C. Ministry Structural Pesticide Applicator Certificate
Minimum Grade 12 Diploma with coursework in Biology or Environmental Science
Minimum Grade 10 math skills required for exam and preparing chemical proportions
Fluent communicator in English Language (speaking, reading, writing)
Energetic individual in healthy physical condition
Ability to set up, climb and fold extension ladders to access job sites
Ability to work in attics and crawlspaces to access and treat source of pest problem
Reliable and Punctual
Able to take direction and read maps pertaining to job site routes
Follow and implement protocols and practices of the Company
Respectful, courteous, friendly interaction with clients and staff
Ability to exercise diplomacy and ‘good judgment’ in sensitive situations
The Company will provide the following:
- Uniform, and protective clothing, safety equipment such as steel-toe footwear, respirator
- Company vehicle for work-related duties
- On-the-job training
- Study materials to prepare for ‘open book’ pesticide applicator exam.
- The Company will pay the $90.00 examination fee. Typically, trainees are ready to write the ‘open book’ exam in about three weeks after their employment start date. Once you are certified, you will work independently.
- Be available to start work immediately
- Permanent, Full-time: Monday to Friday 8:30-4:30
- Initial wage: $16.00 per hour increasing to $17.00 per hour upon certification
Please submit Resume: firstname.lastname@example.org