Reference:quote "Staff Accountant" in the subject line
Full or Part Time:Full Time
- Daily monitoring of third party balance sheet accounts (e.g. Western Union) and timely follow up and resolution of variances.
- Monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and preparation of supporting documentation.
- Preparation of daily and monthly journal entries.
- Tracking and reconciling store product inventories (e.g. phone cards, bus passes, etc).
- Maintenance of assigned sub-ledgers (e.g. Bank, A/R, Fixed Assets) and monthly reconciliation of the sub-ledger to the general ledger.
- Respond to queries from other internal departments as well as liaise with external third parties.
- Other accounting projects as assigned.
- Accounting certificate or diploma and/or enrolled in CGA/CMA program.
- Minimum 3 years in accounting.
- Strong analytical and communication skills (oral and written).
- The ability to work under tight timelines, and with minimal supervision.
- Highly detail-oriented, with the ability to manage a high volume of financial information in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Familiarity with Great Plains accounting software - an asset.
Email your resume and cover letter to the attention of Human Resources, quoting "Staff Accountant" in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org