Money Mart is seeking Staff Accountant to join their team in Victoria, BC. This position is responsible for accuracy in balance sheet account reconciliations and sub-ledger maintenance, timely month end reporting, and account variance resolution.
· Daily monitoring of third party balance sheet accounts (e.g. Western Union) and timely follow up and resolution of variances.
· Monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and preparation of supporting documentation.
· Preparation of daily and monthly journal entries.
· Tracking and reconciling store product inventories (e.g. phone cards, bus passes, etc).
· Maintenance of assigned sub-ledgers (e.g. Bank, A/R, Fixed Assets) and monthly reconciliation of the sub-ledger to the general ledger.
· Respond to queries from other internal departments as well as liaise with external third parties.
· Other accounting projects as assigned.
· Accounting certificate or diploma and/or enrolled in CGA/CMA program.
· Minimum 3 years in accounting.
· Strong analytical and communication skills (oral and written).
· The ability to work under tight timelines, and with minimal supervision.
· Highly detail-oriented, with the ability to manage a high volume of financial information in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong Excel skills.
· Familiarity with Great Plains accounting software – an asset.
Email your resume and cover letter to the attention of Human Resources, quoting "Staff Accountant" in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org