National Money Mart Company is a subsidiary of the Dollar Financial Group Inc., a publicly traded company (NASDAQ - DLLR) and the largest convenience-based financial services company in the world. Since 1982, we have trained thousands in the art of outstanding customer service while providing financial solutions for millions of Canadians from coast to coast.
We are seeking a Senior Programmer to join our team in Victoria, BC. This position will include performing complex computer programming work. Work involves assisting in the planning, and documenting of programming projects; coordinating programming projects with the work of other staff; analyzing proposed computer applications; writing programs; and providing technical assistance to programming staff. May lead team projects and may train and/or supervise others. Works under limited supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment
- Writes, tests, and debugs programs.
- Instructs staff on new methods and procedures.
- Assists programming and computer operations staff in developing solutions to software-related problems.
- Assists supervisory staff in planning, scheduling, and assigning projects to programming staff.
- Assists and advises staff in the solution of programming problems.
- Assists in developing standards and procedures for programming staff.
- May lead team projects, coordinate and supervise others.
- May assist in preparing detailed analyses, plans, diagrams, and verification procedures for existing and proposed computer applications.
- May verify program logic by preparing and using test data.
- May develop and implement specialized programs and/or routines to supplement and enhance systems software.
- May perform studies and evaluate new or enhanced software products.
- May use Money Mart software and hardware to design integrated Money Mart databases of spatial and non-spatial data.
- May evaluate and modify existing applications and systems programs to take into account changes in system requirements, software releases, or equipment configuration.
- Minimum 5 years current experience in computer programming work.
- Experience with data intensive aspects of the Financial Services Industry.
- Extensive experience Visual Studio 2008/2010, C# .Net, Team Foundation Server, MS SQL Server/TSQL, SQL Reporting Services, Silverlight, WPF and WCF Web Services
- Knowledge of Microsoft Team Foundation Server, MS Share Point Services/Web parts, MS Project.
- Ability to train or supervise others; to analyze problems and develop solutions; to code, test, and debug computer programs; and to determine software problems
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com , quoting "Senior Programmer" in the subject line.