Upanup Studios is looking for a couple of upbeat individuals who will excel in business-to-business sales of high-end websites and applications. These individuals will work out of our newly located offices in Cook Street Village. We need people that will fit into a growing business with a culture that is entrepreneurial, fast-moving, creative, savvy, organized, fun and efficient. The ideal start date for these permanent full-time positions is January 16, 2012.
What will this job be like?
- Your challenge will be to find and seize business development opportunities.
- You will ensure that your clients get the quality services and solutions they deserve from our talented creative andtechnical team.
- You will be required to continually reach out via telephone and electronic communications to a network that is up to you to establish. You will need to make sales calls every morning, with the afternoon spent doing follow-up, writing proposals, crafting emails, building your network, etc.
- Your sales focus will be approximately 90% on cities outside of Vancouver Island, therefore some travel will be required in order to meet with potential and existing clients. Travel is initially estimated at one or two days per month to cities in Western Canada and United States.
- You will work with the other salesperson to drive one another forward and reach standards for best practices. You will also be supported in your sales efforts by the principals of the company.
What is required for the job?
- You must have proven success in a sales position.
- You must enjoy selling over the phone, in person and through correspondence.
- You must be exceptionally good with people.
- You must have strong writing skills.
- You must have creative problem-solving capabilities, positive outlook and ambitious attitude.
- You must have extreme interest in web communications and mobile applications.
- You should have a degree or diploma in a related area such as marketing, sales, commerce, communications, or web development - or equivalent experience.
- You should have experience using a customer relationship management (CRM) database.
What remuneration can you expect?
- Base salary of $37,500 to $42,500, depending on experience
- Sales commission structure potentially doubles income or more
- Three weeks paid vacation per year
- Health and dental benefits package to start after first three months employment
Why join Upanup?
- You will shape your own future in this new position while also having an impact on a small company with exceptional growth potential.
- You will have a fun and enjoyable work environment, with strong internal communications and positive sense of team.
- You will be involved in projects that are challenging and interesting.
- Your initiative will be recognized and rewarded.
- You will work in an appealing office location in Cook Street Village.
- Upanup deals in advanced communications technology and you will benefit from having the right tools for the job.
- Upanup is being led by an experienced entrepreneur who previously built and led a national full-service corporate communications firm. The team will also include an exceptionally talented web design, development and programming group.
- Upanup has strong core values (integrity, quality, efficiency, transparency and friendliness).