National Money Mart Company is a subsidiary of the Dollar Financial Group Inc., a publicly traded company (NASDAQ - DLLR) and the largest convenience-based financial services company in the world. Since 1982, we have trained thousands in the art of outstanding customer service while providing financial solutions for millions of Canadians from coast to coast.
We are looking for a Retail Staff Internal Audit Supervisor to join our team in Victoria, BC to perform professional internal auditing work in the area of retail operations. Work will involve leading or conducting site audits and departmental desk audits of retail operations for compliance with operating procedures and regulatory requirements. Providing input to development of the Annual Audit Plan and training and coaching to Retail Staff Internal Auditors.
- Assists in the development and administration of various retail and compliance audit programs.
- Supervises retail internal audit staff in conducting interviews, reviewing documents, developing and administering surveys, composing summary memos, and preparing working papers.
- Supervises retail internal audit staff in the identification, development and documentation of audit issues and recommendations.
- Performs retail internal audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing findings and documenting processes and procedures.
- Conducts interviews, reviews documents, composes summary memos, and prepares working papers.
- Identify documents and communicates audit issues and recommendations timely using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed. Recommendations are designed to improve operations, provide reasonable control and mitigate risk.
- Communicates or assists in communicating the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations to management.
- Develops and maintains productive department and staff relationships through individual contacts and meetings.
- Provides input to the development of the Annual Audit Plan.
- Pursues professional development opportunities and shares information gained with co-workers.
- May represent Internal Audit on organizational project teams and at management meetings.
- Provides training, coaching and guidance to the Retail Staff Internal Auditors in conducting audits and other audit-related issues.
- Performs related work as assigned by audit management.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Four years experience in the area of retail financial services operations or compliance.
- Two years in a supervisory capacity in retail financial services operations or compliance audit function, preferably conducting and supervising retail site audits.
- Knowledge of the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing is preferred.
- Considerable knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing principles and practices and management principles.
- Knowledge of financial services industry practices.
- Considerable skill in planning and project management, and in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Proficiency in collecting and analyzing complex data and drawing logical conclusions.
- Capable of negotiating issues and resolving problems.
- Experience with word processing, spreadsheet and other business software to prepare reports, memos, summaries and analyses.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills, including active listening and presentation skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, staff and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment.
Please send resume and cover letter of intent quoting subject "Retail Staff Internal Audit Supervisor" as follows: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org OR Fax #: 250-412-3085