The Office of Research is seeking applications from experienced and motivated individuals for the position of Research Ethics Reviewer. You will be responsible for supporting RRU's Ethical Review process, in particular, administering submissions of Requests for Ethical Review. Reporting to and working collaboratively with the Research Ethics Coordinator, you will liaise with faculty members and thesis supervisors on the ethical review process, guide RRU learners on the ethics process, and liaise with external agencies and associations. Working in a multi-tasking, team environment, you will support the processes that ensure the University fulfills its obligation to review the ethics of research involving humans by complying with current policies and regulations. You will also handle related tasks contributing to the quality and standards of advancing applied research at the university.
To be well suited for this role you will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field is essential, and experience in the areas of research methodology, research ethics and ethical reviews
- A comprehensive understanding of RRU Ethics Policy, the Tri-Council Policy Statement, and Tri-Council MOU
- Ability to interpret and implement policy
- Significant knowledge of complex issues andthe ability to share that informationwith learners and researchers in an accessible manner
- Excellent decision-making skills, problem-solving abilities, and discretion in handling confidential material
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills in order to facilitate and support the ethical review process
- Strong diplomatic skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment in interpreting and implementing policy
- Ability to liaise effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders, both internally and externally, and maintain a professional approach to working relationships and conflict resolution
- Solid writing skills
- Advanced computer skills (including MS Office Suite)
- Positive attitude
- Comfortable working in a team-based, collaborative environment
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule.
This is a regular full-time position working 37.5 hours per week. The position has been evaluated at Grade 3 and the recruitment range is $41,200 to $51,500 per annum. The University is pleased to offer a comprehensive benefits package.
Please forward your cover letter and resume (preferably in electronic format) to:
Human Resources - Career Opportunities
Royal Roads University
2005 Sooke Road
Victoria, BC V9B 5Y2
Fax: (250) 391-2570 Tel: (250) 391-2511
The competition will begin on September 26, 2011 and will close on October 7, 2011; however, the competition will remain open until a successful candidate is found.
While Royal Roads University values all applications we receive, only those candidates short-listed for further consideration will be contacted. RRU is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equity in employment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority consideration.
Please note that two of our heritage buildings, including Hatley Castle, have some areas that are not easily accessible to persons who use wheelchairs. Please call 391-2511 for information and assistance if you are dropping off your application in person.
If you are sending your application via e-mail, please ensure that your electronic file is saved in MS Word or Adobe pdf. format.