This is an on-call, casual position.
Research AssistantSchool of Peace and Conflict Management
Royal Roads University is seeking applications from individuals for the position of Research Assistant to work with Dr. Michael Young within the school of Peace and Conflict Management.
As part of the CIHR funded project: Rural Migration and Homelessness in the North, you will be expected to work with Dr. Young on a number of activities:
Working independently, you will be required to transcribe a number of interviews (from audio text), and gather data from electronic archives. There may be some travel involved.
Working independently, you will be required to transcribe a number of interviews (from audio to text), and gather information and data from archives (both electronic and hard copy). There may be some travel involved.
Required Qualifications/Competencies (education, skills and abilities):
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Experience working with a variety of qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including proven oral and written communication skills
- Strong listening skills and the ability to exercise sound and stable judgment and think on the spot
- Ability to keep abreast of developments in the relevant academic literature
- Intermediate computer skills (including MS Word and website-building software such as Moodle)
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule
- Ability to manage projects, develop detailed research design
This is an on-call, casual position working approximately 230 hours in total until September 15, 2013. The hourly rate is $22.00 per hour.
Please forward your cover letter and resume (preferably in electronic format) to:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Competition # 12-056-G0021, or, Human Resources - Career Opportunities, Royal Roads University, 2005 Sooke Road, Victoria, BC V9B 5Y2, Fax: (250) 391-2570 Tel: (250) 391-2511
The competition will begin on June 20, 2012 and will close on July 4, 2012; however, the competition will remain open until a successful candidate is found.
While Royal Roads University values all applications we receive, only those candidates short-listed for further consideration will be contacted. RRU is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equity in employment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority consideration.
Please note that two of our heritage buildings, including Hatley Castle, have some areas that are not easily accessible to persons who use wheelchairs. Please call 391-2511 for information and assistance if you are dropping off your application in person.
If you are sending your application via e-mail, please ensure that your electronic file is saved in MS Word or Adobe format.