Reports to: Quality and Supply Chain Manager
Location: Victoria, BC
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions across multiple market segments, including leadership positions in energy and infrastructure, industrial processes, building automation, and data centres/networks, as well as a broad presence in residential applications. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, and efficient, the company's 140,000 employees achieved sales of more than 19.6 billion euros in 2010, through an active commitment to help individuals and organisations "Make the most of their energyTM".
The company's Victoria, BC location specializes in developing advanced energy meters and software that help businesses reveal and act on opportunities to reduce energy-related costs, cut emissions, improve power quality and maintain uptime in their operations.
International business card title is expected to be Procurement Buyer. Local Position evaluation will depend on North American Policy.
The procurement buyer is responsible for the procurement of materials and components to satisfy the plant's production demand, for managing the incoming supply chain, the forecasting of product demand and the optimization and management of raw materials inventory.
Responsibilities & Key Tasks
- Procures components and materials with proper consideration for just-in-time delivery, quantity, customer requirements and quality level.
- Optimize total inventory (in house and at supplier) by monitoring material acquisition and using supply chain strategies, risk minimization, and current and forecasted market conditions and forecasted usages.
- Purchases production material and equipment, maintenance supplies and services using best in class supply chain principles to maximize the benefit to the business.
- Generates, tracks and closes orders, ensuring appropriate purchase requisition authorization attained and specification/requirements clearly outlined.
- Drives continuous improvement activities within the supply chain function. Including implementation of best practices, optimization of internal process and contribution to operations projects and activities.
- Business, Purchasing or supply chain management certificate, diploma or degree
- Minimum 2 years supply chain/purchasing experience
- Purchasing experience in a Manufacturing environment is an asset. Purchasing experience with electronic and fabricated components and experience in International Purchasing would be an asset
- Knowledge and experience working with an MRP system
- Exceptional leadership skills, strategic thinker
- Ability to work independently with good time management/organizational skills, superior attention to detail
- Ability to apply supply chain and inventory management tools and methods, TCO analysis, EOQ, lot size optimization
- Excellent data analysis skills, proficient in using excel for data analysis and charting
- Innovative, with excellent judgment and problem solving skills
- Interpersonal savvy; superior teamwork skills, conflict management/composure and negotiating skills
- Excellent customer service, verbal, written and presentation communication skills with the ability to interact well with all levels of management
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously
- Proactive, a planner & organized, takes the initiative & follows-up
- Ability to understand the big picture and apply reasonable judgment in decision making
- Ability to work in an highly demanding, dynamic, fast paced environment
For information about Schneider Electric's Victoria operations and to apply for this role please visit www.schneider-electric.ca/ and apply to requisition 25380
Resumes will be reviewed as received; we thank all candidates for their interest in this position, however only those in consideration will be contacted.