This is a replacement recruitment of an existing position.
Royal Roads University
Under the general direction of the Manager, Payroll, the Payroll Associate supports the payroll manager and coordinator to ensure that regular daily, bi-weekly and monthly payroll functions are completed in a timely and accurate manner. The Payroll Associate is responsible for the processing of hourly payroll, monthly benefit billings and reconciliations, general office duties and projects when required.
To be well suited to the role you will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
- Minimum of 2 years post secondary education with a diploma in business administration, accounting plus 3 years payroll experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Membership in the Canadian Payroll Association and demonstrated commitment to progression through the certification process an asset.
- Ability to work under the pressure of tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with a variety of internal customers (support staff, senior management, other professionals).
- Ability to exercise diplomacy, sensitivity and confidentiality when dealing with highly sensitive matters achieve resolution in difficult situations.
- Ability to interpret and apply established federal regulations, institutional and departmental policies and procedures.
- Strong computer skills using MS Office suite of software.
- Experience with Avanti Payroll and Agresso Financials an asset.
This is a regular full-time position working 37.5 hours per week. The classification and grade placement of this role is currently under review and will be determined prior to the conclusion of this recruitment. The University is pleased to offer a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply please forward your cover letter and curriculum vitae (preferably in electronic format) to:
Competition # 12-007-P0038
Human Resources - Career Opportunities
Royal Roads University
2005 Sooke Road
Victoria, B.C. V9B 5Y2
Fax: (250) 391-2570 Tel: (250) 391-2511
The competition will begin on January 23, 2012 and will close on February 6, 2012 however, the competition will remain open until a successful candidate is found.
While Royal Roads University values all applications we receive, only those candidates short-listed for further consideration will be contacted. RRU is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equity in employment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority consideration.
Please note that two of our heritage buildings, including Hatley Castle, have some areas that are not easily accessible to persons who use wheelchairs. Please call 391-2511 for information and assistance if you are dropping off your application in person.
If you are sending your application via e-mail, please ensure that your electronic file is saved in MS Word or Adobe pdf.