Contract length: Full-time, 2yrs min.
Closing Date: Dec 21, 2010
Start Date: Feb 1, 2012
Wage: $40,000 - $50,000 based on experience, incl. benefits
The Operations Director will contribute as a strategic member of the management team with a focus on program logistics and reporting of our data and successes.
- Managing program supervisors, overseeing field logistics and ensuring the operations of our core programs
- Recruitment, training and evaluation of field staff
- Overseeing the maintenance of vessels, vehicles and other field equipment
- Analyzing data and compiling reports for each of Cetus' marine-based programs
- Assisting with grant writing for funding applications
- Building and maintaining relationships with funders eco-tourism operators, government agencies and other conservation organizations.
- Liaising between Staff and Board of Directors
- Preparing presentation materials; presenting posters at conferences and meetings
- Assisting with website updates
Knowledge, skills and qualifications required:
- Strong conservation ethic
- Professional, friendly, and highly motivated team player
- High level of boat handling skills. Experience with boat repair and maintenance required
- Previous management experience with busy, non-profit organization an asset
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, public speaking, and communication skills
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective & cooperative relationships with staff,funders, and other stakeholders (experience with Board of Directors an asset)
- Ability to problem solve, and effectively & efficiently coordinate logistics
- Proven research and writing skills, previous grant writing experience required - please provide an example document authored by applicant (report or application
- Experience operating field camps and/or marine programs an asset
- Demonstrated background knowledge of the marine mammal species in the area and conservation concerns an asset.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office) required
- Database skills. Experience with Microsoft Access required
- Mapping skills. Experience with ArcGIS an asset
- A current BC drivers licence
- A current first aid and CPR ticket, SVOP and Radio Operators license is preferable
Frequent travel between Victoria and Alert Bay is expected. Having own vehicle is a strong asset.
Please forward your cover letter, resume, two references, and a sample of grant writing (report or application) via email or by December 21, 2011. Please quote "Operations Director" in the subject line. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Contact: Linda McGrew
Cetus Research & Conservation Society