Reporting to the Director Brand, Marketing & Recruitment, you will be accountable for the planning and implementation of all marketing related initiatives for the Program Area Marketing and Corporate marketing as directed.
As Marketing Manager, you will be is responsible for coordinating the development and implementation of research, advertising, web content/strategy, search engine marketing and all other components of the integrated marketing mix. The work of the marketing manager and team will support the ongoing growth of the University and in particular the Program Areas Marketing Campaigns while also qualifying market positioning and refinement.
To be well suited for the role you will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business or related field and
- A minimum 10 years marketing and/or advertising experience - advertising agency experience is an asset
- A minimum of 7 years management experience leading effective marketing/ advertising teams
- Demonstrated skill in developing and managing a marketing portfolio that meets the needs of the client
- A proven ability to plan, write, develop and execute coordinated marketing and promotional activities, briefs and plans
- Motivated and flexible and enjoys a multi-task, high paced work environment
- Strong attention to detail and customer service excellence
- Organizational abilities in a multi-task environment with coordinated deadlines and goals
- Excellent written, electronic and oral communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in use of PC and/or MAC
- Market and sector knowledge of RRU's areas of academic study
- Requires excellent written and verbal communications.
- Prior association and/or international markets experience desired but not necessary.
- Ability to effectively work under tight deadlines and manage projects independently.
- Resourcefulness in solving problem.
- Excellent leadership and people skills and an upbeat and enthusiastic attitude.
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail.
- Superior professionalism and judgment
- Strong work ethic
- Knowledge of CRM software and concepts an asset
- Knowledge of Agresso software and reporting an asset
- Experience using Open Source software an asset
- May require working occasional evenings and weekends and some overnight travel may be required
- Must possess a valid driver's license
This is a regular full-time position working 37.5 hours per week. The position has been evaluated at Grade 5 and the recruitment range is $64,000 to $80,000 per annum and the University is also pleased to offer a comprehensive benefits package.
The competition will begin on August 8, 2011 and will close on August 22, 2011 however; the competition will remain open until a successful candidate is found.
To apply please forward your cover letter and curriculum vitae (preferably in electronic format) to:
Human Resources - Career Opportunities
Royal Roads University
2005 Sooke Road
Victoria, BC V9B 5Y2
Fax: (250) 391-2570 Tel: (250) 391-2511
Please note that two of our heritage buildings, including Hatley Castle, have some areas that are not easily accessible to persons who use wheelchairs. Please call 391-2511 for information and assistance if you are dropping off your application in person.
If you are sending your application via e-mail, please ensure that your electronic file is saved in MS Word, Adobe pdf. or text format.