As a member of the Marketing & Business Development Team, the Marketing & Communications Officer supports the Port's marketing and communications activities.
MAJOR POSITION ACOUNTABILITIES
- Provides communication support in the areas of trade development and public affairs to the Business Development Department and entire organization to ensure the Port's marketing and communications objectives are met.
- Develops and manages the image and video library.
- Coordinates various marketing and communications projects, including collateral development and design.
- Researches and develops content for press releases, website content, newsletter (54 North Newsletter, Community Update, etc.), advertisements, brochures, and Port presentations.
- Maintains and enhances the Port of Prince Rupert and Cruise to Prince Rupert websites, and evaluates website use and effectiveness.
- Tracks the effectiveness of the Port's communications activities.
- Provides basic graphic design, layout and copywriting support to internal clients, including posters, brochures, ads, presentations, and cover sheets.
- Works with external suppliers to ensure communication products are produced and delivered according to set budgets and timelines.
- Orders and tracks promotional items; maintains promo item database.
- Responds to general telephone and website inquiries.
- Assists in coordinating tours and Port involvement in conferences, presentations, meetings and special events.
- Represents the Port of Prince Rupert at community events.
- Provides photographic and video coverage for events.
- Post-secondary Diploma in Commerce, Communications, Journalism, or Commercial Art and Design. An undergraduate degree is an asset.
- One to three years' experience in industry
- Demonstrated experience in working with print, electronic and web-based media, including liaising with journalists/writers and advertising representatives.
- Experience with graphic design programs such as Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and PhotoShop.
- Basic knowledge of HTML layout and web-based content management systems.
- Familiarity with marketing applications of social networking platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and You Tube.
- Adept at collection and use of statistical data.
- Good verbal communications skills.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Creative and intuitive thinker, enthusiastic, self-motivated individual who can work independently as well as be a valuable team player.
- Proficient in MS Office, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Possess valid BC Drivers license.
- Bilingualism (English and French) is an asset.
This position is open until filled. Individuals of aboriginal descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application in confidence to:
Director, Human Resources
Prince Rupert Port Authority
200 – 215 Cow Bay Road
Prince Rupert, B.C., V8J 1A2
Fax: (250) 627-8980