Manager Human Resources
Coquitlam School District invites applications from individuals for the position of Manager of Human Resources. As the third largest school district in the province we are located within a 40 minute drive from downtown Vancouver. The school district has a population of 30,000 students with approximately 3500 teaching, administrative, managerial and support staff.
The Manager of Human Resources reports to the Senior Manager of Human Resources. This position is responsible for ensuring the effective and efficient functioning of Human Resources services, managing related legal and contractual obligations and providing effective Human Resources support to all levels of management.
Required Education and Experience
- Completion of a relevant university degree, a certificate or diploma program in Human Resources Management, or an appropriate combination of training and applicable experience
- An appropriate level of experience in Human Resource Management preferably in a complex multi- union public sector environment
- Experience in the education sector is an asset
- CHRP certification preferred
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and implement solutions to issues and operational problems
- Excellent managerial, interpersonal, negotiating, dispute resolution and communication skills
- A valid class 5 BC Driver’s license and business use of personal vehicle
A competitive salary is offered along with a generous benefits package. The successful applicant will be required to complete two criminal record checks.
Please visit www.sd43.bc.ca/employment for a detailed job description of this position.
To apply, please forward your resume and three reference contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org, Fax to 604-937-6758, or 550 Poirier Street, Coquitlam, BC, V3J 6A7 no later than Tuesday, June 19, 2012 at 4:00 pm.