This is a temporary full time recruitment due to a leave vacancy.
Manager, Creative Services
Royal Roads University
Reporting directly to the AVP of Marketing and Alumni Relations the Creative Services Manager oversees the design and production of all print and digital communications in full alignment with Royal Roads University’s branding and its marketing strategy. The position manages the design and workflow of all print and electronic communications, and works closely with the Web Systems team for web content and design.
The Creative Services Manager oversees a team that provides graphic design and production support for the entire university as well as management and oversight of external suppliers, which include copywriters, photographers, videographers, printers, manufacturers and full service agencies.
This position also ensures institutional compliance with brand standards including logos and complex design elements for all materials.
To be well suited to the role you will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
- At least ten years experience in the communications, print, web, environmental design, visual communications and project management fields, including creative management.
- Advertising Agency experience is an asset.
- Project management experience is essential.
- Understands the organizational goals and values, and demonstrates ambitions to help bring those goals to life for all members of their team.
- A sound working knowledge of visual brand architecture and how it can be both controlled and adapted.
- Exceptional knowledge of graphic fundamentals, typography, online applications and limitations, video production and ability to translate ideas to design.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize competing needs.
- A working knowledge of various types of media, including effective web design and video production.
- Negotiating for goods and services and managing designers, printers, promotional marketers, and related service providers.
- Experience with marketing and branding campaigns required; working knowledge of market research methods and applications.
- Consistent sensitivity to the client-service and public relations impact of all communications activities.
- Demonstrated ability to manage project budgets and expectations.
- Unwavering attention to deadlines and detail.
- University degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certified Graphic Designer (CGD) designation from the Society of Graphic Designers of Canada considered an asset.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
In addition to a collegial learning and working community, Royal Roads University offers a comprehensive compensation package, with a starting salary based on qualifications and experience and participation in the College Pension Plan.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your application to:
email@example.com with a subject line of:
15-124-M0104 – Last name, First name
Or mail to:
Human Resources - Career Opportunities
Royal Roads University
2005 Sooke Road
Victoria, BC V9B 5Y2
Fax: (250) 391-2570 Tel: (250) 391-2511
The competition will begin on November 18, 2015 and review of interest received will commence on December 2, 2015; however, the competition will remain open until a successful candidate is found.
While Royal Roads University values all applications we receive, only those candidates short-listed for further consideration will be contacted. RRU is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equity in employment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply however; Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority consideration.
If you are sending your application via e-mail, please ensure that your electronic file is saved in MS Word or Adobe format.