Job Posting 2012-025
Manager Applications Development
Administration - Duncan
Island Savings has an opportunity for an experienced leader in the role of Manager, Applications Development for our Information Systems Department, Administration. Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, this position is accountable for managing all software development and software maintenance activities pertaining to Island Savings' Information Systems infrastructure. This position is responsible for planning, coordinating and monitoring the progress of software development projects of varying size and complexity - from ongoing routine maintenance software releases through to mission critical systems functionality improvements, systems software upgrades and new systems implementations. Managing overall coordination of multiple simultaneous software development projects, from the planning stages through to implementation and sustainment, is essential in this role.
The Manager, Applications Development leads a team of Programmer/Analysts, coordinating their software development efforts, and also participates on multidisciplinary project teams on larger software development/maintenance projects. This position supports Island Savings' Business Process Re-engineering (BPR) initiatives through development of the "to be" state in systems and ensures successful implementation and integration of software capabilities with business processes.
- University Degree or Technical School Diploma, or relevant combination of experience and post-secondary education is required.
- Certification in Project Management.
- 5 -7 years proven experience in a management role within a software development environment.
- 3+ years supervisory and/or management experience, including planning, coaching and goal-setting (KPIs).
- Experience in business process re-engineering and/or Lean Six Sigma an asset.
- Proven ability to shepherd complex software development projects from initial idea/design through to full implementation.
- Superior staff leadership skills - demonstrated ability to create and foster engagement in staff, experience with recruiting and developing staff.
- Able to develop and manage budgets and plans; prioritize, plan and manage work to deliver required outcomes.
- Solid record of delivering superior results (SLAs, KPIs) for all stakeholders in both the short and long-term.
- Attention to detail balanced with the need to provide a quality product within timeframes; priority on doing it right the first time and, when required, providing effective service recovery.
- Proven ability to establish rapport with stakeholders in order to understand and interpret their needs in an effective and tactful manner.
- Ability to analyze complex business processes to facilitate re-engineering.
- Highly developed analytical, critical thinking and investigation skills.
- Confident and strong speaker/presenter, listener, communicator and negotiator.
- Self-motivated with a willingness and ability to learn.
March 12, 2012 to:
Attention: Chief Information Officer
Island Savings Credit Union
499 Canada Avenue, Duncan, BC
For more information on Island Savings, visit www.iscu.com