National Money Mart Company is a subsidiary of the Dollar Financial Group Inc., a publicly traded company (NASDAQ - DLLR) and the largest convenience-based financial services company in the world. Since 1982, we have trained thousands in the art of outstanding customer service while providing financial solutions for millions of Canadians from coast to coast.
We are looking for a Human Resources Manager to join our team in Victoria, BC. This position is based at our corporate head office location.
- Provide strategic and day to day Human Resources Consultation, and advice to Corporate Office Management team.
- Provide leadership and coaching to HR Administration team.
- Responsible for the successful communication, implementation, development and/or maintenance of HR processes and programs. Support the planning and implementation of any new HR initiatives as required.
- Monitor, measure and report on results of initiatives, post implementation to ensure successful delivery and participate in the enhancement or upgrading of existing programs/products/services supporting the spirit of continuous improvement in HR.
- Apply a methodical approach to communicating and engaging stakeholders on initiatives, and secure and maintain the right levels of sponsorship for all key initiatives
- Develop and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships with all corporate leaders, business partners and internal and external contacts.
- Liaise effectively with internal and external sources, colleagues, and others to obtain, provide, verify and discuss information and best practices.
- Provide informal leadership and coaching to corporate managers.
- Support ongoing skills and talent development through the facilitation of formal and informal training as required.
- Degree or diploma in Human Resources or equivalent combination of education and work experience in a progressive human resources environment
- 5-7 years of Human Resources experience in positions of increasing responsibility. Proven track record leading a team of Human Resources Administrators.
- Demonstrated proficiency and expertise in the areas of recruitment practices, compensation and benefits, employee relations, employment best practices, and the interpretation and operational of policies and procedures
- Highly developed mentoring, consultation, facilitation and coaching skills
- A strong negotiator with proven ability to impact and influence
- Strategic mind set and well developed business acumen
- Excellent attention to detail and well developed organizational skills, and professional presence.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of relevant employment legislation, including the BC Employment Standards Act
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to deal with very sensitive/confidential or highly conflict-filled situation
- Develops and manages employment programs, salary compensation and job evaluations, promotions, equal opportunity initiatives, and education and training programs
Please send resume and cover letter of intent quoting subject "Human Resources Manager" as follows: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org OR Fax #: 250-412-3085