The Human Resources Coordinator assists with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources department. This position carries out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: Recruitment, Selection and On-Boarding, Performance Management, Knowledge Management, Health and Wellness, Employee Relations, Organizational Development, HRIS, Training and Development, Compensation and Benefits and Immigration. This position also performs back up support to the Office Administrator.
Human Resources Responsibilities
- Provides administrative support for HR processes such as recruitment, compensation, performance management, immigration, benefits, reporting changes by completing forms and other respective documentation.
- Posting and advertising open positions
- Scheduling interviews and following up with candidates who have interviewed at UNIT4
- Working with marketing to improve UNIT4 Business Software's social media presence
- Supporting UNIT4's recruitment strategy
- Project work such as improving interview guides, improving job descriptions, improving employee communication etc.
- Writing HR portion of quarterly newsletter
- Participating in Health and Safety Committee
- Coordinating onboarding activities such as new employee orientation
- Communicating with managers, employees and vendors including answering questions and directing them to the appropriate resource
- Filing Human Resources documentation
- Supporting benefits administration, payroll and HRIS entry for US and Canada
- Supporting immigration activities for both the US and Canada
- Continuous improvement project activities as assigned by Manager of HR or other manager
- Supporting HR Manager and Office Administrator as needed
- Support Office Administrator in daily cleanup of the kitchen and monthly fridge clean out (e.g. unloading and loading the dishwasher, wiping counters
- Backfill the Office Administrator position - responsible for reception, shipping packages, managing mail, closing the office, booking meetings, and other office admin activities
- Supporting event coordination (e.g. social activities, company meetings etc.)
- Other job related duties as required (e.g. photocopying, helping other departments in busy times etc.)
This position requires a demonstrated level of initiative and judgment in order to organize, prioritize tasks, and projects. Courtesy, tact and diplomacy are required in dealing with colleagues in every day working relationships.
Knowledge & Skills
- Understanding of general office administration/human resource processes and procedures
- Fantastic customer service ethic including initiative and high expectations for quality
- Strong analytical skills, detail oriented and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Professional manner, tact, diplomacy and discretion in dealing with employees at all levels and confidential information
- Ability to identify errors and analyze root causes
- Ability to work in an environment with lots of interruptions and interacting with people all day
- Ability to think like an owner and understand implication of costs of actions
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision
- Familiarity with HR legislation and practices
- Communicates with clarity, verbally and in one on one or group situations, or over the telephone
- Communicates well in writing by composing clear documents
- Interested in continuously improving, open to giving and receiving feedback
- A flexible team player with the ability to problem-solve. Approaches work with a positive attitude, has great people skills and a sense of humour!
- Post-secondary education, ideally a related degree or college diploma in Human Resources
- Advanced level of computer skills in a wide range of software including strong knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience working with SharePoint
- Any HR experience (e.g. co-op term, volunteering etc.)
- Knowledge of general HRIS functions and payroll processing
- Previous experience working in an office environment
- CHRP Candidate or CHRP certification
Reporting To: Manager, Human Resources
Schedule: Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. with a 1 hour unpaid lunch
Wage: $15.00 / hour (40 hours per week)
Location: Victoria, BC
Travel Requirements: Minimal, but must be able to travel throughout North America if required.
UNIT4 Business Software is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law