The program is not a temporary internship - it is a permanent, paid full-time position that focuses on learning and development and sets you up for long-term success with the company. During your first 18 months, you'll move through three areas of our business with a final placement in store management throughout Canada, or a role in central operations, merchandising, quality assurance, supply chain, IT, human resources or finance in our store support or regional offices.
How does it work?
You'll spend five months working in the core of our business - our stores. Your work will be both on the floor and in the classroom. The store environment is central to who we are as a company - so be prepared to jump right in from day one.
You'll spend three months in merchandising where you will learn the buy side of the business. You'll experience different roles, work through projects and hear from those who make decisions about what products to carry and how best to service our customers.
You'll spend ten months in the department you were hired for, which could be in store management throughout Canada, or a role in central operations, merchandising, quality assurance, supply chain, IT, human resources or finance in our store support or regional offices
Who is eligible?
You can be part of this unique experience if:
- You're set to graduate soon or have graduated with a diploma, degree or post-graduate certificate from an accredited university or college in or outside Canada within the past 36 months
- You're a solid student who has a lot of other interests
- You've worked with the public in a job or a volunteer position
- You love food and are excited to work for a retail company
- You've got a drive to win and a passion to make things happen
- You're flexible about work location and can do one or more of your rotations in our store support office in Brampton, Ontario
- Please visit our job postings at www.loblawgrad.ca for a more detailed description of requirements for each area
Are you Ready? Are you interested?
Visit www.loblawgrad.ca to submit an application TODAY!
The job postings, for a January 2012 start, are open from September 12 - October 6, 2011.
For more information on the program, visit us on Facebook and LinkedIn!