We are looking for a French Translator to join our team in Victoria, BC. The Translator is responsible for translating English based internal company materials into Quebec French. This role is responsible to ensure that all French copywriting is in accordance with the language and laws of the province of Quebec.
- Translate English to French material directed towards the Quebec marketplace.
- Proof read existing documents for staff in the province of Quebec.
- Consult with message authors to ensure that translations retain the content, meaning and tone of the original material.
- Check translations of technical terms and terminology to ensure that they are accurate and remain consistent throughout translation revisions.
- Create a dictionary/glossary of common industry jargon for ease of use and consistency.
- Proofread, edit and revise translated materials from external sources.
- Other duties as assigned
Typical content for translation includes, but is not limited to:
- Weekly internal communications
- Support department emails
- Corporate newsletter articles
- Employee intranet content
- Internal Marketing materials and messages
- Internal training materials, policy documents, forms and letters
- System interfaces, system generated reports and technical reference guides
- 2-4 years of working translation experience
- Fluent in Quebec French
- Post secondary diploma or degree in translation
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- Bilingual in French and English
- High degree of professionalism and confidentiality
- Awareness of Quebec culture and appropriate use of Quebec colloquialisms and slang
- Ability to work independently, demonstrating initiative to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and French
- Experience with the Quebec workplace and the communication requirements
- Excellent analytical abilities
- Exceptional knowledge of sentence structure and grammar - demonstrated editing skills
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Quick learner who is technically savvy
Email your resume and cover letter to the attention of Human Resources, quoting "Translator" in the subject line to email@example.com