Richmond Nature Park Society invites applications for Environmental Program Leaders
If you are interested in the environment, outdoor education, and enjoy working with children, you may consider a position as an Environmental Program Leader at the Richmond Nature Park.
- Background in education, natural sciences or environmental education
- Applied leadership experience with children and youth
- Direct supervisory experience with children and youth
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Current Basic first aid certification (valid through September 2012)
- Class 5 drivers license and use of a vehicle
- Successful candidates will be required to complete a current criminal record check
- MUST BE A FULL-TIME UNIVERSITY OR COLLEGE STUDENT (WINTER 2012) RETURNING TO FULL-TIME STUDIES (FALL 2012)
MINIMUM LEVEL OF EDUCATION
- Successfully completed 1st year university/college and 2-3 years working with children in a recreational or educational setting
Applicants must be able to work on a flexible schedule including some weekends and evenings.
*Wage $15.36 per hour 35 hours per week
*Period June -- August (approximately 12 -- 14 weeks)
*Wage and period of employment dependent upon funding approval.
Closing date for applications: April 15, 2012
Apply with cover letter and resume by email, mail, or fax to:
Richmond Nature Park
11851 Westminister Hwy
Richmond, BC V6X 1B4
Fax: (604) 718-6189
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.