COMPETITION NUMBER: ESQ-12-030
This Category I unionized position is open to all interested parties. Preference will be granted in accordance with the Collective Agreement for the UFCW bargaining unit for Category I NPF employees at CFB Esquimalt.
Permanent Part Time Position
Under the supervision of the Retail Store Manager, the Electronic Salesperson provides a lead role in sales, technical advice and installation of home computers and electronic equipment. He/She assists customers in a courteous, efficient and prompt manner and provides professional advice on products offered. He/She operates a cash register and computers, accepts proper payment methods, and processes customer credit authorizations. He/She also deals with customer concerns or complaints to ensure customer satisfaction.
- College diploma or certificate in business marketing or related field AND some years of experience in the retail sector.
- High School diploma AND several years of experience in a related field.
- An acceptable combination of education, training, and experience will also be considered.
Language requirement: English Mandatory
- Of marketing methods and product presentation
- Of home theatre products, electronic equipment, satellite dishes and appliances
- Of invoicing and basic retail sales record keeping
- Of inventory control procedures
- Of loss prevention
- Of office organization and procedures
- Of health and safety practices
- In sales
- In visual merchandising
- In providing customer service
- In using and setting up home computers, laptops, and electronics equipment
- In cash handling
- In using basic office equipment
- In using software for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, databases, e-mail, and Internet browsing
Salary: $ 13.20/hr - $ 17.17/hr
Successful candidate will be prepared to commence employment as soon as possible.
NPF employees must demonstrate the following core characteristics: team player, customer focus, positive attitude, excellence, and competence.
NPF is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity and invites applications from Women, Aboriginal People, Persons with Disabilities and Visible Minorities. To receive this job poster in an alternative format, please contact the NPF Human Resources Manager.
Eligible candidates should submit a resume clearly outlining their ability to fulfill all position requirements by mail to: NPF Human Resources Manager, by fax at 250-363-5528, by e-mail to NPFHREsquimalt@cfpsa.com or online at www.cfpsa.com. Applications must be received before 1600 hrs on 3 September 2012.
Please note that only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. If you have special needs and require accommodation measures for the selection process, please notify the NPF Human Resources Manager at that time.