THE BOARD OF EDUCATION OF ABBOTSFORD SCHOOL DISTRICTDIRECTOR OF INSTRUCTION – CURRICULUM
With over 18,000 students across 46 schools, the Abbotsford School District is driven by a vision to create world-class, innovative and personalized educational experiences for every student. Early learning programs, middle schools, and secondary academies and career-based programs are just a few of the ways we’re offering learning that is relevant, interesting and challenging – contributing to why we have one of the highest graduation rates in the province.
The Board of Education is seeking to hire a dynamic and student-focused Director of Instruction to lead its curriculum department. The Director of Instruction (together with the Director of Instruction for Learning Services and the Director of Instruction for Technology) co-leads a team of district principals and helping teachers who are responsible for the implementation of our district-wide Strategic Plan and Achievement Contract. Working with school level administrators, teachers and support staff at secondary, middle and elementary schools, your most vital goal is ensuring personalized learning experiences for every student.
The Director is also an integral member of the district executive leadership team which includes the superintendent, secretary-treasurer, assistant superintendents, and other directors. This team has overall responsibility for supporting success for all students.
- A Masters degree in Curriculum, Educational Leadership or related field
- A thorough working knowledge of 21st Century/personalized learning
- A thorough working knowledge of the BC curriculum and the BC Education Plan
- A thorough working knowledge of effective instructional and assessment practices
- Leadership experience or background in early literacy desirable
- A minimum of five years of formal school or district level leadership experience
- Exemplary communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Demonstrated experience working with community and government agencies
Qualified applicants are requested to forward a resume outlining qualifications together with a statement of educational philosophy. Applications should include the names of three references who are able to comment on leadership experience and ability, as well as a recent performance appraisal report.
Interested applicants should submit applications prior to 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday, July 11, 2012 to:
Kevin Godden, Superintendent; School District No. 34 (Abbotsford); 2790 Tims Street; Abbotsford, BC V2T 4M7; or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.