National Money Mart Company is a subsidiary of the Dollar Financial Group Inc., a publicly traded company (NASDAQ - DLLR) and the largest convenience-based financial services company in the world. Since 1982, we have trained thousands in the art of outstanding customer service while providing financial solutions for millions of Canadians from coast to coast.
We are looking for a Course Developer to join our team in Victoria, BC. This position is based at our corporate head office location. The Course Developer is responsible for developing curriculum, then designing online and instructor led courses for an audience ranging from retail CSRs to Managers.
Develop and Design Courses
- Conduct comprehensive training needs and occupational analysis, and identify priorities, content and instructional methodologies
- Partner and maintain strong interaction with subject matter experts and other team members to create, review and revise material - value others' input, expertise and diversity
- Create and follow an end-to-end training development plan
- Develop interactive, engaging training experiences by applying the principles of learning, including:
- addressing trainees' past experiences and expertise
- building content sequentially
- using experiential and interactive training techniques
- helping trainees apply training content to their jobs
- creating contextualized practice and assessment opportunities
- Identify opportunities and activities to promote transfer of learning before, during, and after formal training experiences
- Ensure training content is accurate and that it supports identified competency requirements
- Develop and publish all collateral training documents, utilizing plain language writing techniques
- Pilot courses with an appropriate audience
Evaluate Training Courses
- Conduct continuous evaluation, assessment and revision of training practices, and make improvements
- Research and prepare reports on training issues for submission to the Manager
- Manage the training development of several program areas simultaneously
Act as Ambassador of Money Mart's Culture, Policies and Goals
- Convey a clear, consistent, and compelling message that links every employee to the company's business goals and to a positive, quality-driven workplace culture
- Influence employee engagement by modelling desired behaviours, accept personal accountability
- Build trust and demonstrate that you value employees and are interested in their goals, ambitions, needs
- Identify your own strengths and areas for improvement, then seek learning opportunities
- University degree in Education or Instructional Design
- Minimum 3 years experience in instructional design with experience in writing e-learning course content, in a corporate setting.
- The perfect person for this role will have designed and developed many computer-based and instructor led courses. This person will have a strong sense of leadership and will be keenly interested in designing and developing effective, engaging occupational training.
- Applied understanding of the principles of pedagogy and instructional design
- Demonstrated ability to create courses for a blended training program (via a portfolio)
- Demonstrated plain language writing skills (via a portfolio)
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Technically proficient in using MSOffice products, graphic design tools, and e-learning authoring tools
Please send resume and cover letter quoting subject "Course Developer" to firstname.lastname@example.org.