KPMG LLP (KPMG) is a Canadian limited liability partnership and the Canadian member firm of KPMG International Cooperative. KPMG International's member firms have 140,000 professionals, including 7,900 partners in 146 countries. KPMG is one of the largest professional services organizations in Canada, employing more than 5,400 people in 32 offices across Canada. KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services. KPMG's Advisory practice is growing, and we require strong professionals to join our dynamic team in Victoria.
We are the largest professional services firm in BC with over 1,140 people and 128 partners in 9 offices across British Columbia. Our Victoria office operates as an integrated geographic practice with our Greater Vancouver Area (GVA) offices, and is significantly larger in both our Victoria and GVA locations than any competitor firm. The size and scope of our practice differentiates us from other firms in the area.
- One of Canada's Top 100 Employers per Maclean's magazine.
- One of Canada's Best Diversity Employers.
- One of the Top 35 Employers for New Canadians.
- One of Canada's Greenest Employers, per Maclean's magazine.
About KPMG Advisory and Risk Consulting
KPMG's Advisory professionals provide a range of services to support our clients' growth, governance, and performance objectives. Within Advisory, our Risk Consulting professionals help our clients to strengthen governance, risk management, control, and compliance of organizations, projects, systems, and business and reporting processes, and to respond to regulation, fraud, and litigation.
Our Risk Consulting practice is comprised of business focused advisors who work to understand our clients' business issues and to develop and execute approaches to address these challenges. Our value is in applying and integrating our wide range of technology, business, and risk management expertise to specific business and management problems. We provide clients with a range of Advisory and Assurance services focused on strengthening business resilience, managing business risks, and driving business performance. These services include:
- Information Technology Advisory and Audit (ITA):
- IT Governance, Risk, & Controls / Compliance (IT GRC).
- IT Project Advisory and Risk Management, and IT Quality Assurance.
- Information Protection and Business Resilience (Security, Privacy, Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery).
- Records & Information Management.
- IT External Audit.
- IT Internal Audit.
- Internal Audit, Risk Management, Controls and Compliance (IARC):
- Enterprise Risk Management.
- Internal Audit.
- Internal Control Advisory.
- Regulatory Risk and Compliance.
- Contract Compliance.
- Financial Risk Management (FRM).
- Forensic and Investigative Accounting (FOR).
- Sustainability Advisory.
KPMG Professionals Are...
Individuals who take deep personal accountability for their work, have a passion for excellence, driven to achieve their full potential and understand the value of building relationships with clients, future clients, their communities, the global firm and each other. A KPMG professional should have all the following characteristics:
- Strong work ethic
- Thrive on challenges
- Dedicated to providing outstanding client service.
We are currently seeking a Consultant to join the Risk Consulting group in our Victoria office. The successful candidate will focus primarily in two areas: Information Technology Advisory and Audit (ITA) services, and Internal Audit, Risk, and Controls/Compliance (IARC) services. The candidate will also assist in Sustainability and other advisory and assurance services, and accordingly must demonstrate flexibility in working on other services and projects as required.
Role and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be involved in the delivery of the following services:
- ITA services:verifying, assessing and advising on controls (e.g., financial reporting and operational controls, security, privacy, and business continuity controls, etc.), quality, and reliability within and over information systems, data, IT-enabled business processes, and systems projects and conversions, as part of KPMG advisory, internal audit, and external audit engagements.
- IARC services: identifying, evaluating, verifying, and advising on governance, risks, controls, compliance, and business performance issues with respect to a range of subject matters (organizations, systems, processes, standards, regulations, etc.), as part of KPMG advisory, internal audit, and external audit engagements.
- Sustainability services:contribute to the development and delivery of emerging sustainability services, including facilitating the development of corporate responsibility strategy, policy and process development, developing performance management and reporting systems, conducting risk and opportunity analysis, providing assurance on corporate responsibility reporting and supporting climate change initiatives.
- Other Advisory and Assurance services as and when required.
- Assist in the development and execution of engagement and project plans, preparation of engagement working papers, and development of engagement deliverables.
- Participate in presentations and proposals to new / potential / existing clients.
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need extra time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this.
Skills & Qualifications
A successful candidate will possess a combination of the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Business or Computer Science required, ideallywith a combined major in accounting or finance and information technology.
- Preference will be given to candidates that have obtained or who are working toward an accounting designation (i.e. CA, CPA, CMA or CGA).
- Aspiration to pursue (or already have) further education such as a CISA, CRISC, CISSP, CIA, PMP, and/or other relevant designations and certifications.
- Desirable: Interest in social and environmental sustainability in a business context is required, ideally with educational qualifications or relevant experience and a demonstrated understanding of the application of sustainability principles to business.
- Highly motivated, committed, self-starter who can prioritize work and be flexible to cope with changing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail and good organization and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong understanding of business risks and audit risks.
- Has a high degree of personal confidence, enthusiasm and drive.
- Willingness and ability to travel both within Canada and internationally.
To apply please copy and paste the below URL into your browser:
KPMG is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce, encouraging applications from all qualified individuals.