The International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD), is currently recruiting candidates to fill the internship position of Communications Assistant to be based at IISD Headquarters in Winnipeg MB.
The position is a 6 month paid internship position and includes opportunities for training and networking with other professionals working on Sustainable Development in Canada and overseas.
- Assist in the implementation of the communications strategy through the development of case studies about IISD's efforts to meet the objectives of its strategic plan, along the various thematic areas.
- Participate in development, design and presentation of case studies and related materials.
- The output will need to be suited to a range of platforms, with a priority on digital outputs.
- Bachelor degree environmental science/policy, ecology, geography, geographic information science, biology, energy-related sciences, forestry engineering, agriculture or other environmentally-related sciences
- A degree or diploma in communications, preferable with a major in journalism or public relations, or work experience while a student in the preparation of articles for dissemination of environmental information in newspapers, fact sheets, blogs, etc.
- Ability to create audience-focused, quality independent communications pieces for all platforms. Ability to work with graphic design packages and audio/visual equipment.
- Fluency in English essential
- Other skills: knowledge of global and regional environmental issues.
The deadline for this position is: August 31st 2012. Please see our website for details of how to apply: