Associate Program, Commercial Banking
Job Code 0203 – Level 6
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC focuses on what matters to our employees – access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
The Commercial Banking Associate Program provides you with the foundation required to become a world class Commercial Banker and strategic partner to Canada’s leading mid-market organizations. The program includes rotational assignments and on-the-job learning combined with formal classroom and on-line training designed to build your skills in business development, credit structuring and client management and prepare you for a Relationship Manager role. Each Associate is assigned a mentor and works closely with senior members of the Commercial Banking team to develop an understanding of how products and services are delivered to clients.
As an Associate, you will join CIBC’s Commercial Banking team you will work with teams on client acquisition, relationship management and credit management processes. In addition, you will learn financial and statistical analysis and develop solid technical grounding in the dynamics of targeted industries. Your work will expose you to industry trends, regulatory issues, economic/political trends and client specific needs, and of the development of proposals and solutions that proactively meet client needs.
This is a development role for the Commercial Banking Line of Business providing an opportunity to learn the products, processes, networks and functions to enable and equip the candidate to eventually progress to a role as a Manager, Commercial Banking.
Our Managers, Commercial Banking are partners to and champions of our clients’ businesses, committed to delivering on flexible business solutions, dedicated business expertise and timely business advice to help our clients realize their goals.
Upon successful completion of the Commercial Banking Associate Program, you will take on this role, managing and growing a portfolio of commercial banking clients by proactively developing new business opportunities in the community and ensuring clients’ day-to-day banking needs are being met at the highest level.
– Actively engage in the Associate learning program by completing learning modules in a timely manner and displaying applied knowledge of the learning objectives in practical applications
– Work proactively with mentors, leaders and colleagues throughout Commercial Banking to develop the professional networks that drive future success
– Assist with the execution of business development initiatives and establish client contacts to develop referral sources and centres of influence
– Assist in analyzing business growth opportunities through comprehensive industry, client and prospect research
– Prepare analyses in support of credit submissions including structuring and documentation
– Apply acquired industry/company knowledge to the development of client/prospect proposals for financial and strategic solutions to meet client needs
What We’re Looking For
– Successful candidates must exhibit CIBC’s values of trust, team work, and accountability
– Undergraduate or post graduate degree in a business, commerce, finance or accounting-related discipline
– Strong client and relationship management skills
– Proven aptitude for business development, propensity for sales
– Solid problem solving and issue resolution skills
– Highly effective written and oral communication
– High level of thoroughness and diligence, and a strong results orientation
Associate Program, Commercial Banking
(business, commerce, finance, accounting or related disciplines - undergraduate and graduate opportunities available)
The application deadline is: Thursday, September 20th, @ 11:59PM
Applications to CIBC: Friday, September 21 before 5:00PM
Position start date: August 2013
Tentative Interview dates:
First Round Interviews: October 15 – October 26
Second Round Interviews: October 31 – November 8
Toronto and across Canada
- Students are directed to apply to the posting by submitting their cover letter, resume and transcript to CIBC's Campus Recruitment Mailbox at Campus.Recruitment@cibc.com, with the subject line: Commercial Banking.