* Passion for sustainability and environment
* Understanding of energy efficiency principles and technology
* Excellent people and communications skills
* Excellent computer skills
* Ability to work independently
* Experience in the food service industry
Certificate or Diploma in business, communications or science.
GreenStep has a contract to deliver 150 free energy assessments to restaurants on Vancouver Island in the Capital Regional District area. We are hiring a self-motivated individual to fulfil the job duties below. The successful candidate will work from home and provide a vehicle for business travel. Mileage will be reimbursed at $0.50/km.
- Contact restaurants throughout the CRD, by phone and in person, regarding free energy assessments
- Schedule and deliver 150 free energy assessments (approximately 30 per month), between the months of August and December (training, tools and templates will be provided).
- Write and deliver reports with recommendations for energy efficiency improvements using the provided report template (approximately 30 per month).
- Follow up with restaurants who have had energy assessments completed to assist them in pursuing energy efficient improvements and upgrades, and provide guidance in accessing BC Hydro, FortisBC and LiveSmart BC incentives for energy efficient technologies.
- Track all progress daily using the provided tracking tool.
- Network with businesses and industry associations/events to promote energy assessments for restaurants
Interested applicants are encouraged to contact Angela Reid-Nagy via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org