Job Posting 2012-024
Island Savings has an opportunity for an experienced leader in the role of Branch Manager at our Chemainus Branch. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Retail Operations, this position is responsible for leading a dynamic team in the management and profitable growth of a full financial service operation within an established yet competitive market area. In addition, the Branch Manager is responsible for:
- Business development through relationship-building activities in the community, as well as promoting recognition of Island Savings as the best known and most respected companies within this market.
- Leading and supporting a branch culture by actively engaging with members to help them meet their financial needs and increase their loyalty.
- Ensuring that the Branch activities are aligned with the Relationship Strategy, as well as corporate priorities and standards.
- Management, coaching, recognition, motivation and development of the Branch team, including KPI development, goal-setting and personal development plans. Creates a dynamic learning environment for the team. Provides input on staffing, training, development and succession needs. Schedules staff. Provides regular performance feedback, including conducting annual and probationary performance reviews. Participates in the recruitment and selection process for any vacancies.
- Striving to achieve the company Vision and lives our Guiding Principles in all activities undertaken.
To meet this challenge, you have:
- 7+ years related experience in the financial services industry.
- Proficiency in business development, investments, and lending is required.
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline supplemented by specific coursework in lending and financial planning is required.
- A Canadian Securities course or Mutual Funds license, CFP designation, and/or experience in commercial lending would be assets.
Join one of the 50 Best Employers in Canada! Qualified applicants interested in this challenging opportunity should submit their resumes in confidence by Tuesday March 13, 2012 to:
Attention: Senior Manager, Retail Operations
Island Savings Credit Union
499 Canada Avenue, Duncan, BC
For more information on Island Savings, visit www.iscu.com