National Money Mart Company is a subsidiary of the Dollar Financial Group Inc., a publicly traded company (NASDAQ - DLLR) and the largest convenience-based financial services company in the world. Since 1982, we have trained thousands in the art of outstanding customer service while providing financial solutions for millions of Canadians from coast to coast.
We are looking for an Auxiliary Marketing Administrator, 3 month term, to join our team in Victoria, BC. The Marketing Administrator is accountable for assisting with implementing, executing and reporting out on assigned projects. This position requires exceptional organizational skills in order to implement in-store activity throughout our network of nearly 500 Canadian stores. Therefore, both written and verbal communications skills must also be exceptional. Analytical skills and knowledge of retail marketing fundamentals are also required in order to gauge the effectiveness of promotional programs. This position is responsible for tactical decisions relating to creative development, key product initiatives and programs.
- Advertising: Assist with the development and implementation of national marketing campaigns.
- Promotions: Assist in developing, executing, implementing and communicating promotions to all levels of staff.
- Project Management: Efficiently manage multiple projects with multiple overlapping time lines, maintaining strong attention to detail and respecting priorities.
- Suppliers: Assist with providing direction to outside suppliers, including ad agencies, graphic designers, printers, mailing partners, and other promotional partners.
- Problem Solving: This position requires independent problem solving skills that will support the company’s strategic objectives, the execution of annual marketing plans and fulfill product marketing goals and objectives.
- Industry Analysis: Assist with collecting ongoing research about the Canadian payday lending industry and help act on those findings.
- Innovation & Improvement: Continuously seek ways to enhance marketing efforts, test new ideas and add value to the customer experience.
- Degree or diploma in Business/Commerce or Marketing.
- 1-2+ yrs ad agency, marketing department or print shop experience would be an asset. Retail and customer service experience a plus.
- Self-starter, excellent communication skills, highly organized, high energy, flexible and creative. Above all, the ideal candidate will be hungry to learn and grow and has a passion for marketing.
- Strong marketing skills. Capable of supporting innovative marketing programs that influence consumer behavior and grow sales.
- Learns quickly, not afraid to ask questions.
- Has experience writing marketing/project briefs and directing ad agencies or designers. Relevant experience could include directing print ads, direct mail, point of purchase materials, etc. Has a flair for directing well-written ad copy and well-executed design work.
- Strong project and process management skills. Must be highly organized, detail-orientated and be an exceptional planner and time manager with strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment both as a confident self-starter and team player are a MUST.
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
- Possesses sound judgment and decision-making skills.
- Competent working with numbers (i.e. budgets, estimates and tracking billing, purchase orders, etc).
- Confident working with Microsoft Office, with particular strength in Word, Outlook, Excel, and Power Point.
Email your resume and cover letter to the attention of Human Resources, quoting "Marketing Term" in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org