Pacific Carbon Trust is a Crown corporation established in 2008 to deliver made-in BC greenhouse gas offsets to help clients meet their carbon reduction goals and to support the growth of BC's low-carbon economy. Pacific Carbon Trust (PCT) has already launched two successful rounds of offset acquisitions and retirements and is on its way to building a world class portfolio of greenhouse gas reduction and sequestration projects.
Our portfolio of investments encompasses the spectrum of greenhouse gas projects from energy efficiency and low carbon fuel supply to terrestrial carbon sequestration. GHG reduction projects span multiple sectors including forestry, oil & gas, power, mining, agriculture, waste and transportation.
We are seeking a full-time Associate of Strategic Acquisitions who can help PCT take the next steps in its entrepreneurial business model by providing strategic input and analysis into our offset project due diligence and delivery management systems, and managing specific projects to help PCT achieve its growth objectives.
Specific tasks and requirements will include, but are not limited to:
- Working with clients to develop and implement progress and data monitoring reports to accurately predict future deliveries of offsets from contracted projects
- Development of uncertainty calculations around monitoring and delivery of offsets from various project types and the offset portfolio at large
- Analysing offset project documentation including protocols, project plans, project reports and validation and verification reports for accuracy, completeness and consistency
- Evaluation and assessment of new project concepts
- And assistance on other activities and projects as needed.
Working with Pacific Carbon Trust, Associates can expect to work in an independent, fast-paced and team focused environment and take ownership of their project work. Preference will be given to candidates with a minimum of 5 years related experience and progressive increase in skills and responsibilities in the following areas:
- Demonstrated experience and success in client relationship management;
- Comprehensive understanding of carbon accounting and carbon markets including strong familiarity with the BC Emission Offset Regulation, and the VCS and CAR carbon offset standards;
- Experience in the development and review of offset project documentation;
- Ability to technically review, understand and synthesize technical documentation;
- A strong technical understanding of data controls, monitoring technologies and associated uncertainty and risks;
- Quantitative analysis (i.e. strong Excel modelling);
- Market research, synthesis and presentation skills;
- Time management with the ability to prioritize projects; and
- Strong technical writing skills.
Ideal candidates will hold an engineering, science or technical degree with experience in the energy and/or environmental sectors. Candidates should also have completed the ISO 14064-2 and/or ISO 14064-3 training courses or other comparable training relating to offset project quantification and validation/verification assurance services.
Position is excluded from union membership.
Candidates must meet legal requirements to work in Canada. Relocation assistance may be available upon appointment.
An eligibility list of qualified candidates may be established, and lesser qualified applicants may be appointed at a lower level.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a CV and cover letter by email to: email@example.com.