All of us have a friend, family member, or colleague who routinely goes above and beyond in their commitment to making our community a better place to live, work and play. The Victoria Leadership Awards are your opportunity to recognize that person for their contributions.
- The University of Victoria Community Leadership Awards acknowledge outstanding leadership in linking UVic and the community for greater public benefit (up to two awards per year).
- The Rotary Community Leadership Awards recognize community leaders who meet the Rotary test of the highest levels of ethical behaviour and community leadership benefit (up to two awards per year).
- The Vancity Youth Award acknowledges an emerging leader between the ages of 20 and 30 years of age who demonstrates community leadership and support for social justice, economic self-reliance or environmental responsibility within our community (one award per year).
- The Leadership Victoria Alumni Award recognizes a graduate of the Leadership Victoria program who continues to demonstrate outstanding leadership and service in the Victoria community. (one award per year)
- The Leadership Victoria Lifetime Achievement Award honours outstanding current or posthumous long-term service in community leadership roles such as philanthropy, innovation, mentoring and career achievement. (one award per year)
- The Victoria Foundation Community Leadership Award recognizes an organization that is building community capacity and achieving positive change. (one award per year)
- The United Way of Greater Victoria Award for Collaboration & Partnership recognizes an individual leader in a non-profit organization who is building community capacity by creating partnerships and collaboration. (one award per year)
- The Royal Roads University Leadership Excellence through Coaching and Mentoring Award recognizes long term and outstanding service in community leadership roles that specifically focus on coaching and/or mentoring. (one award per year)
All nominations must be received by 4 p.m., Friday, Dec. 7.
The awards will be presented on Feb. 25, 2013 at a gala ceremony at the Fairmont Empress Hotel in downtown Victoria.