The Library subscribes to a large number of journal, newspaper, and e-book databases. Since we are bound by licence agreements in our use of these databases, the guidelines of fair dealing do not apply.
This means that you CAN:
- read the full text online,
- print a single copy of a journal article or e-book chapter for your own use, and
- provide a direct link to the journal or e-book for someone else in the RRU community in an email, on Moodle, or in a document. (There are a few exceptions, but please contact me if you have questions.)
This also means that you CANNOT:
- copy a PDF of an article or book chapter from the databases and post it anywhere on the Internet (including Moodle),
- copy a PDF of an article or book chapter from the databases and include it an email, or
- print out an article or book chapter for distribution.
If you have any questions, please contact Melanie Wrobel in the Copyright Office at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 250-391-2652.