Times Higher Education magazine is running a short-video competition open to anyone who studies or works at a university as part of the official launch of the World University Rankings 2012-13.
You can win an iPad and the chance for your short film to feature in the official launch video for Times Higher Education's World University Rankings. The video will be broadcast on the rankings website (http://bit.ly/thewur), which reaches a global audience of millions.
We are looking for individual students, students' unions, university faculty and administrative staff to make a 10-second video that completes the sentence: "My university is world-class because..."
Films may focus on any of the qualities at which your institution excels – these could include teaching, research, access, diversity, sport and social life. We encourage you to draw on any and all creative and technical resources you have available on campus.
This is your chance to show the world the inventiveness, imagination and innovation that set your institution apart.
All eligible entered videos will be broadcast on Times Higher Education's YouTube channel, but we also plan to feature a small number of our favourites in our official World University Rankings 2012-13 video, which will be broadcast on the home page of the World University Rankings website. One overall winning entry will be selected by the editor of the rankings, and the film-maker will receive an iPad.
Email your video to email@example.com without delay
- Videos must be no longer than 10 seconds.
- Videos can be submitted in common digital video formats shot on digital cameras including video shot on iPhones. We cannot accept submissions from very old mobile phones.
- Videos must be created specifically for this competition and must directly complete the sentence: "My university is world-class because..."
- Videos must not be broadcast anywhere before the official launch date of the World University Rankings
- Videos must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4 September 2012
- The editor's decision on the winning entry, and on those to be featured in the official launch video, if any, will be final.