Did you know that RRU has an official Easter Seals 24-hour Relay team!?
Last year was our first year participating and the Royal Roadrunners had more than 60 staff and students who together raised over $14,000 for children with disabilities...and we won three awards!
- 1st Year Top Fundraising Team
- #1 Fundraising Team, Small Business Division
- 4th Place Fundraising Team (out of 49 teams in total!)
We are excited to be forming another team this year and we are looking for enthusiastic people to help us FUN-draise together for the Easter Seals Camping Program!
Easter Seals Camps give BC children with disabilities the chance to discover their individual abilities. The Easter Seals 24 Hour Relay is an annual community based fundraising event that challenges groups of people to run or walk Relay-style for 24 hours. Teams of runners and/or walkers made up of Corporate and Recreational groups collect individual pledges or organize team fundraising events to raise funds towards their collective team totals. Read more HERE.
Here are some fast facts about the event and why we hope you will join our team….
- It costs $2,400 to send just one child with disabilities to Camp Shawnigan for a week...a week that changes their lives forever!
- Each member of our RRU team only needs to run OR walk around UVic’s Ring Road for one hour or two (of course you can go for the whole 24 hours if you are ambitious…but completely mental!)
- If you walk during the evening (or even stay overnight with many of the other teams) there will be much merriment to be had…including…Guitar Hero in the late night beer garden (oh yeah!!!)
- Prizes! Did I mention prizes!? Mucho prizeros!!!! Check them out HERE
- And of course, let’s not forget…it’s all about THE KIDS!
If you want to learn more, check out the official website HERE.
If you want to share this email with other fun people, please do, the more the merrier!
Being a part of the Royal Roadrunners last year was an amazing experience for many people. It brought coworkers closer together and showed some individuals how a simple act of kindness saved an elderly man's life who in turn changed the lives of two children with disabilities thru a generous donation.
There is no better exercise
for your heart
Than reaching down
to lift someone up.
Please email Jody Correia if you would like to join the Royal Roadrunners.