Come Sing with the RRU Choir! Please feel free to come to the noon time sessions of the RRU Choir. All are welcome. No singing experience is required, nor is the ability to read musical notation.
These sessions are free of charge.
Our choral director, Denis Donnelly, uses imaginative and innovative ways of bringing out a variety of harmonies in a wide ranging international repertoire.
“In June of 2010 Denis was the recipient of the Herbert Drost Award, presented by the British Columbia Choral Federation, for lifetime achievement in his work in choral music. The RRU Choir has sung in English, SENĆOŦEN, Mandarin, French, Latin, Swahili, German, and a variety of African dialects. It would be wonderful to continue to learn more and collaborate across campus.
Our next sessions are:
- Wednesday, Oct. 16 – Castle Drawing Room
- Tuesday, Oct. 22 – Quarter Deck, Grant Building (if we get bumped, Jeannie kindly has Wednesday, Oct. 23 booked in the Mews Ballroom)
- Wednesday, Oct. 30 – Quarterdeck, Grant Building
- Wednesday, Nov. 6 – Quarterdeck, Grant Building
- Wednesday, Nov. 13 – Hatley Castle 121
- Wednesday, Nov. 20 – LIC 407 Centre for Dialogue (CFD)
- Wednesday, Nov. 27 – Quarterdeck, Grant Building
- Tuesday, Dec. 3 - Holiday Tree Trimming (if Denis is available) if not Wed, Dec 4 – Quarterdeck, Grant Building, 12 pm – 1pm
- Thursday, Dec. 12 –Holiday Social – 3pm – 3:30pm (choir practice) 3:30pm – 4pm (Holiday Social) – Main Floor Hatley Castle
All practices are noon to 1 pm.
Not to worry if you can’t make all the sessions. Come to whichever of the sessions your schedules allow you to attend and stay for as much of the session as you like. Please also feel free to bring your students and colleagues with you as well. Everybody is welcome! Feel free to share this update with others.
Looking forward to singing with you soon!