Spring convocation is just over three weeks away. It is a time that marks the successful completion of academic study and is an important milestone in the provision of a quality educational experience for which the entire campus community can feel proud. Over the past few years our graduates have shared their desire for an opportunity to devote more time during convocation celebrations to reconnect with the strong relationships they’ve developed with the faculty and staff and our beautiful campus. We’ve heard them, and this spring we are doing something a little different. We have introduced the RRU Community Celebration and Reconnect on June 18, from 1 – 3:30 p.m., the afternoon prior to convocation. It’s a chance for graduates to meet and reconnect in a casual atmosphere with RRU faculty and staff – to celebrate the successful completion of their journey. It’s also an opportunity for graduates and staff to meet our two spring Alumni Award winners, Alumni Leadership Award winner Lauryn Oates and Alumni Excellence Award winner Jackie Scales. Graduates and their families will also be invited to tour the castle and gardens. Schedule June 18
- 1 – 1:30 p.m. – alumni award winners will make short presentations followed by Q&A in the Castle Drawing Room
- 1 – 3:30 p.m. – affinity partners (rings, frames, photos) and complimentary garden and castle tours offered
LIC - 3rd and 4th floor
- 1 – 3:30 p.m. – Reconnect and networking reception with refreshments for graduates and their families to connect members of their cohort, RRU faculty and staff
- Faculty of Social and Applied Science will hosted in the fourth floor lounge and Centre for Dialogue
- Faculty of Management and Exec. Education/CALM will be hosted in the third floor lounge
As a university our strength is evident where it matters most - our students and our expanding group of worldwide alumni who put knowledge into action. Thank you in advance for your participation and continued support, and for helping make the convocation celebrations memorable and meaningful for our graduates, their families, faculty and staff.