The university needs to replace the high voltage switchgear for the campus. The switchgear is the main connection coming onto the campus from the BC Hydro power supply near Sooke Road. All power to the campus will be shut down from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. down on Friday, Dec. 28. As this work will occur during the Christmas break minimal disruption is expected.
During this time you can expect:
- Electricity in all buildings on campus to be turned off
- Emergency generator will operate for Grant kitchen freezers, exit lights in Millward, Nixon and Grant and computer server room.
- University Drive to be closed to all traffic between West Campus Road and College Drive
- No vehicle access to any parts of the campus (except PMQ residences)
- Belmont gate on College Drive closed
- Recreation Centre closed and will reopen Dec. 29 (5:15 a.m.)
- Gardens and Grounds areas all closed and re-open Dec. 29
While campus power is turned off, the computer server room will remain operational under generator power and all services to students will still be available via the internet (including Moodle for course work, statement of grades and so on).