With convocation fast approaching, we know this is an exciting time for graduating students and everyone who supported their journey. As part of the celebration students can share a message through the Student Voices video project.
Earlier this week, all students who are eligible to graduate were sent an invitation to participate.
This is a fantastic opportunity for students to speak to fellow graduates, both at the ceremony and through the live-stream broadcast of convocation.
What are the details that you (as a staff or faculty member) need to know? It's easy. Students just need to record a short video of and send it to us. Selected message will be shared in a video collage during the spring convocation ceremonies. All video submissions will be shared via the university’s YouTube channel. Those looking for inspiration can check out last year’s video. Student Voices will
- Speak to the student experience as a whole.
- Recognize accomplishments and offer congratulations and/or inspire fellow graduates about adventures and opportunities that await.
Tips for great videos
- Film in a well-lit area with a non-distracting background and no noise.
- Keep voices loud and clear, keep the focus is on the face.
- Record in landscape, not portrait orientation.
- Relax and have fun!
Submission and deadlinesStudents are asked to submit their video by April 30, 2013. Videos can be submitted to StudentServices@royalroads.ca using the File Transfer Utility. This will ensure the highest quality recording is transferred.
On-campus students can also book a filming session with Media Tech. All sessions must be booked by April 1 and take by April 30. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org