Royal Roads University consistently strives to be an Environmental leader in sustainability on and off campus, do you? Applications for projects funded by the Sustainable Action Fund for the Environment (SAFE) are currently being accepted. These projects should support and enhance sustainability efforts on and off the RRU campus.
The SAFE fund committee will be accepting applications from current students, faculty, staff, associate faculty and alumni. Preference will be given to projects that:
- Engage students, staff and faulty, and or the larger community
- Have a defined timeframe and specific deliverables (milestones) that can be overseen by the applicant
- Are possible and realistic in the scope of the objectives
- Advance existing sustainability initiatives on campus and a culture of sustainability
- Promote and or facilitate applied student projects that promote “live your leaning”
- Promote and or facilitate collaboration with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrate innovative design and implementation
- IS NOT part of an existing operating budget
Applications are accepted until November 18, 2013. Please note the SAFE Fund is meant as seed or supplemental funding, and generally offers up to $500 per project.
Not working on a project but want to support sustainable initiatives? Sustainable projects are funded by learners, staff, faculty, alumni, corporations and the larger community through donations to the SAFE fund. Please consider donating, all donations over $20 are eligible for a tax receipt.
If you have questions, please contact Hayley Bennett at Hayley.email@example.com or by phone at 250-391-2600 ext 4248.