The Alumni Awards judging panel Sept. 10 to review the 37 nominations. With so many amazing alumni to select from the conversation on who to award the inaugural Alumni Awards to was exciting. In the end, the judges identified one winner each for the Alumni Excellence and Alumni Leadership awards. Stay tuned for an announcement about the amazing winners soon.
The first Alumni Awards will be presented by Royal Roads University President Allan Cahoon Oct. 22, as part of fall 2012 convocation celebrations which take place Oct. 23. Honourees and guests will come together for a luncheon on the Quarterdeck of the Grant Building from noon to 2 p.m.
The winners will share their story and be awarded with a custom designed piece of art by local glass artist Sandra Fowler to mark their accomplishment. They will also receive the use of one day in the Learning and Innovation Centre’s Centre for Dialogue or themselves or their favourite charity as an opportunity to invest in community building or problem solving.
Royal Roads is proud to be working with the following sponsors for the awards:
- Times Colonist – media sponsor
- Fairmont – accommodations sponsor
The judging panel included:
- Royal Roads MBA alumnus James McCreath, an Investment Advisor at BMO Nesbitt Burns in Calgary.
- Andrew Duffy, a journalist with the Times Colonist, where he has been a business writer for 12 years.
- Reg Bird, a graduate of the Royal Roads Military College and the retired president of Nortel Networks' South East Asia operations.
- Kathi Springer, vice-president, Communications and Corporate Relations, in Victoria.
- Roberta Mason, Royal Roads Associate Vice President, Student & Academic Services
- Paul Corns,Royal Roads Associate Vice President, Community Relations and Advancement
Find out more at www.royalroads.ca/alumni-awards.