What to bring:
There's not a whole lot of space in a Residency room, so pack wisely!
- toiletries (toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo, soap etc.)
- shower shoes (flip flops or sandals to wear to and from the shower)
- rain jacket and or umbrella
- hangers for your clothes
- alarm clock (dorm room only)
- towels, face cloth, robe
- address book
- laundry bag or basket
- laundry detergent (single use packages can be bought on campus) and some loonies for the washer and dryer
- bedding (long term residency only)
- an extension cord with power bar
- computer (if you have one)
- one suit or formal dress
DO NOT Bring:
- heat generating devices and cooking appliances (these blow the fuses and cause havoc for computer users)
- Microwaves, hot pots, toaster ovens and any other cooking appliances are specifically not allowed in rooms.
- candles or incense
- large stereos
- halogen lamps
- illegal drugs
The first day to move in is the Sunday immediately before the program start date. Check in begins at 3 p.m. You can move in at anytime after this. Security is available 24/7 to facilitate your check in.
If you wish to arrive earlier than the official first day to move in for your group you must request permission from University Housing.
Only under exceptional circumstances will early arrivals be permitted. Written permission must be obtained from Housing Administration and if early arrival is approved, you will be required to sign a separate contract for this period. There will be an additional charge for the extra nights.
If you are going to arrive after classes begin you must inform University Housing, otherwise your room assignment will be cancelled.
Further details regarding moving in will be sent in your welcome package.