Want to get the most out of your RRU experience? Below is our list of 10 favourite apps for helping students at Royal Roads University. Whether you are looking to stay more organized, pay off your debt, access your courses, or tour the city, we’ve got an app for that…
1. My Moodle – this official Moodle app allows you to access course resources. Although this app is not a replacement for the Moodle website interface, it provides you with useful additional tools, including the ability to download files to view offline.
2. Tourism Victoria – from event listings, activity suggestions to directions, this app helps you experience the best that the City of Victoria has to offer. There are always culturally rich and entertaining events happening throughout the year – make sure you take a break from the studying to enjoy the city!
3. GoDocs – Google Docs is a valuable tool for creating, and sharing your documents online, which comes particularly handy for team projects. With this app, you can easily view, edit, and share these files, spreadsheets, and presentations from your mobile phone, and stay even more connected with classmates.
4. myHomework – lets you easily track your classes, homework, tests and assignments, to ensure every deadline is met. Known as the ultimate multi-tasking tool for students.
5. My Student Budget Planner – helps you manage your student finances, and keep you on budget. Provides you with helpful tips and advice, and stores your progress, income, and spending for each week.
6. BC Recyclepedia – resourceful tool for finding the best recycling options across British Columbia. RRU community is passionate about sustainability on-campus, and off.
7. Dictionary.com – this highly recommended Dictionary & Thesaurus app provides you with over 2,000,000 definitions, synonyms and antonyms at your fingertips.
8. Victoria BC, Canada Transit Application – provides information on local bus routes, schedules, maps and fares. This public transit tool is helpful for both visitors on their two-week residency, and residents of Vancouver Island.
9. Flashcardlet – need a study buddy? With the Flashcardlet app, you can create, organize and share your study flashcards. Works for any subject!
10. iBooks – whether it is a course textbook, or the latest bestselling novel, iBooks lets you download, read and organize your books in your own digital bookshelf. You can even bookmark, and add notes to pages of reference.
What apps help you? Share your download suggestions with us!