Extending Your Study Permit

Private - accessible only to group members

If you will be studying in Canada for more than six months, you require a valid study permit for the entire duration of your studies. You are responsible for ensuring your study permit is valid at all times. A study permit is a document that gives you permission to study and remain in Canada on a temporary basis. Permission to enter Canada is not given by a study permit but by a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV). You will need a TRV unless you are from a visa-exempt country. If you are planning on completing your degree at Royal Roads University, or if you are planning on attending Royal Roads University as an exchange student for longer than six months, you will need to apply for a study permit before you travel to Canada. You require a valid study permit before you start your classes at RRU. If you have a valid study permit that will soon be expiring, you should apply for a study permit extension approximately 3-4 months BEFORE the expiry date of your current, valid study permit.Please refer to the Study Permit Extension Guide to assist you with your application.