In March we sent out a call for applications for the Irving K. Barber Premiere’s and One World International Scholarships. We did not receive enough applications to distribute all the funding. Therefore, we will now award funding on a first-come-first-served basis for students who submit complete and qualified applications.
RRU has been allocated $15,500 to create One World International Scholarships valued between $1,000 to $3,500. We can distribute up to $7,750.00 now. A new competition will be held in the fall for the remaining funds.
Important eligibility criteria:
- Must be a Canadian Citizen and BC resident
- Enrolled in an academic program at least one year in length
- Plans to go abroad for educational purposes (e.g. research, residencies, field practices, etc) within 12 months
Detailed criteria and application instructions are outlined in the call for applications below. Where appropriate I would appreciate if you could pass this information along to your students.
If you have any questions please let me know.
Meghan Reusing, Advisor, Financial Aid & Awards
Student Services | Royal Roads University
T 250.391.2600 ext. 4222 | F 250.391.2500 | email@example.com
2005 Sooke Road, Victoria, BC Canada V9B 5Y2 | royalroads.ca
Valuable scholarships for international travel related to your study are available through the Irving K. Barber Society
Irving K. Barber One World Scholarship
The Irving K. Barber British Columbia Scholarship Society, in partnership with the Victoria Foundation, hosts a suite of international scholarships designed to support students from BC in studying abroad (e.g. research, residencies, field practices, etc).
RRU has been allocated $15,500 to create awards valued between $1,000 to $3,500. We will award funding on a first-come-first-served basis for students who submit complete and qualified applications. We can distribute up to $7,750.00 now – the first half of the funding. A new competition will be held in the fall for the remaining funds.
One World International Scholarships are available to students pursuing study or work abroad programs that are either:
- A formal part of a BC credential program and/or carry academic credit recognized at a BC educational institution ($1,000-$3,500), or;
- Offer experiential learning opportunities involving language acquisition and/or cultural training ($1,000).
To compete for this scholarship, you must meet the following requirements:
- are a Canadian citizen, permanent resident (landed immigrant), convention refugee, or protected person living in Canada;
- are a resident of British Columbia, defined as having a primary residency in the province for at least 12 consecutive months prior to your the commencement of current year of full-time studies;
- have clearly demonstrated significant community and/or school involvement and academic achievement, supported by two references submitted with the application;
- are enrolled in an academic program of at least one year at a BC public post-secondary institution leading to a credential and have been accepted into an eligible international program outside of Canada or United States;
- are not planning an international experience in a country from which you have immigrated from within the past 10 years;
- plan to begin your international experience within 12 months of receiving the scholarship; and,
- will return to British Columbia after completing your international experience for further education or work.
How to apply: Full information and the application can be found here http://www.ikbbc.ca/web/international/apply
Apply directly to the Financial Aid & Awards office at RRU. Emailed submissions are acceptable. It is your responsibility to provide copies of transcripts with your application.
Financial Aid & Awards
Royal Roads University
2005 Sooke Road
Victoria, BC, V9B 5Y2
Questions? Contact RRU’s Financial Aid team via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (250) 391-2600 x 4222