The Irving K. Barber British Columbia Scholarship Society, in partnership with the Victoria Foundation, hosts a suite of international scholarships designed to support students from BC in studying abroad (e.g. research, residencies, field practices, etc). RRU has been allocated $15,500 to create awards valued between $1,000 to $3,500 for the One World Scholarship which will be awarded over two competitions this year. Half the funding will be reserved for the October competition.
One World International Scholarships are available to students pursuing study or work abroad programs that are either:
- A formal part of a BC credential program and/or carry academic credit recognized at a BC educational institution ($1,000-$3,500), or;
- Offer experiential learning opportunities involving language acquisition and/or cultural training ($1,000).
To compete for this scholarship, you must meet the following requirements:
- are a Canadian citizen, permanent resident (landed immigrant), convention refugee, or protected person living in Canada;
- are a resident of British Columbia, defined as having a primary residency in the province for at least 12 consecutive months prior to your the commencement of current year of full-time studies;
- have clearly demonstrated significant community and/or school involvement and academic achievement, supported by two references submitted with the application;
- are enrolled in an academic program of at least one year at a BC public post-secondary institution leading to a credential and have been accepted into an eligible international program outside of Canada or United States;
- are not planning an international experience in a country from which you have immigrated from within the past 10 years;
- plan to begin your international experience within 12 months of receiving the scholarship; and,
- will return to British Columbia after completing your international experience for further education or work.
How to apply: Full information and the application can be found here http://www.ikbbc.ca/web/international/apply
Apply directly to the Financial Aid & Awards office at RRU by April 1, 2017 or October 1, 2017, emailed submissions are acceptable. It is your responsibility to provide copies of transcripts with your application.
Financial Aid & Awards
Royal Roads University
2005 Sooke Road
Victoria, BC, V9B 5Y2
Questions? Contact RRU’s Financial Aid team via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (250) 391-2600 x 4222