This email launches the competition for Canada Graduate Scholarship Masters’ (CGSM) research training awards of $17,500 for all topics of research at the masters level.
The Federal agencies supporting these awards are:
NSERC – Natural Science and Engineering Research Council of Canada
SSHRC – Social Science and Humanities Research Council of Canada
CIHR – Canadian Institutes of Health Research
The objective of this funding program is to help develop research skills and assist in the training of highly qualified personnel by supporting students who demonstrate a high standard of achievement in undergraduate and early graduate studies.
The competition is open to prospective RRU masters students and masters students who started their program in 2015 and who will have at least 12 months of study remaining in their program as of May 1, 2016.
To be eligible to apply, you must:
- be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident by December 1, 2015;
- be enrolled in, have applied for, or will apply for full-time admission to an RRU master’s program;
Note: if you are not currently enrolled in a master’s program, you must submit an application for admission by the academic program’s deadline or by December 1, 2015, whichever comes first, and plan to begin your program in 2016.
- have completed, as of December 31, 2015, less than 12 months of full-time studies in the master’s program for which you are requesting funding;
- have 12 continuous months remaining in your program by one of the award take-up dates (May 1, 2016; September 1, 2016; or January 1, 2017);
- have achieved a first-class average in each of the last two years of study [that’s a minimum “A-“, or 3.67/4.33].
RRU has been provided a quota of awards from each agency. We hold the competition at this university to determine which of our students will receive these awards. The award allocations are:
Funding Agency RRU’s Award Allocation
Application deadline: December 1, 2015
The application form and full instructions can be found here. Also check the RRU website for information specific to RRU’s competition, optional and mandatory deadlines, and a link to a blog post I wrote to help guide you through the application process. After checking out the RRU website to see if your question can be answered there, please feel free to contact me. It is my full-time focus and pleasure to provide assistance for this competition.